Wednesday, December 3, 2008

First Teaching Lesson (Boxing) 2nd day

After watching the first video, I noticed that most of the video was purely instruction. Frankie and myself were basically just giving out instruction while all of the students stood around. This time around, I feel that the students were much more engaged, as we allowed them to practice the skill in partners while we quickly demonstrated to them the correct form. There was also no management time which is great. Instead of having the students walking around and getting equipment, they were active throughout the lesson. I still feel that I have to do a much better job in terms of giving the students feedback, but with practice that will come. I am starting to feel more comfortable teaching at this point, and I feel it is only a matter of time before I really start getting comfortable teaching.

No comments: