Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Reflection of Scavenger Hunt

My favorite activity was taking a picture with "Chugger" Davis because we found him in the hall of fame room, and that wasn't the right chugger, then we went to the club plaques by poolside and that again wasnt the right Chugger. Then, we realized we had to take a picture with the sign in front of the football stadium, so we had to run all the way down to the stadium and then back to park center. I felt that this was a very solid activity. Not only did it make us think, but it kept us extremely active the entire time. I also like the fact that it was competitive, and was alot of fun. I belive that what I can take from this activity is that when teaching, not only can one incorporate other classes and learning into the lesson, but also can make competition fun, and a scavenger hunt is a great way to keep everyone active. I think that interdisciplinary teaching is extremely effective because it takes what students learned from one class and incorporates it into another class. This is a way of allowing the students to use what they have learned in a previous class and apply it to something else. All in all, I think that this lesson kept me extremely active, and according to my graph I was active the entire time. The data shows that my heart rate was in between the desired rate of 139-175, and also at some times was slightly higher, meaning my heart rate was up the entire class.

No comments: